I have been delayed on updating the blog. I have been creating more and as an artist, instead of taking the time to work on the technical and business aspect of my art career. In the meantime, I have been struggling to update the website. I enjoy spending hours on end on the work itself rather than the blog. I apologize, and as I have stated before, am human.
Many of you ask, why not hire someone? As you know, the phrase starving artist is a matter of fact. I find that spending more time on supplies and on creating, I will eventually reap the benefits; the works themselves are my reward and help me move forward. Many may disagree, but I am lucky to have a full time job. Though, at the current time, I am not able to work due to an injury and have been awakening the artist. I am happy with where I am at without the marketing business aspect because, when I cannot create, the actual business side will not benefit me as I will not be able to produce the product.
What do you do when you do not have the luxury of having 24 hours a day to create or do not know where to start?
1) MAKE A TO-DO LIST. That's right, the dreaded to-do list is your best friend. It helps you prioritize your day and how you learn to use your free time.
2) JOURNAL. Set your alarm 15+ minutes early and take the time to unclog your thoughts and jot down your ideas. Once it becomes a routine, you will notice that all of a sudden, you have even more time on your hands because you are not focusing on how much you have to do, rather what you get to do. I have to make myself do this and in the end it's always beneficial. This is a non-negotiable.
3) SAY NO! Unfortunately, in society this is a no-no. Since when? And why? It is either a hell yes, or a hell no. You will start respecting yourself and the self-love you provide will then seep into the rest of your life. You will notice a huge change. You can journal about these changes and feel a weight lifted off your shoulders. Often times we feel bad, and then wonder why we do not have enough time.
4) KEEP IT REAL. Once you figure out what you really want in life and start reaching for the stars, there is a time of loneliness. Not everyone will understand or support you and in the end, may abandon you. Keep moving forward and the right opportunities and people will show up. This is your life and the rest is up to you. When you are not true to yourself, therefore others as well, you are lost and will need to take the time to find out what you really want and who you truly are. In a society where we are not even keeping up with the Jones,' instead we are keeping up with the Kardashian's...and who are they, really?
5) TAKE CARE OF YOU! No one else will. Ask for help. Go to bed early. Turn off the volume on your devices so you are not constantly attached to them. Call a friend and talk instead of text and really connect. Its time to realize what you are actually spending all your time doing.
What did you do today for yourself or what did you create? Please feel free to comment below!
Spread Joy. Shine Love. Be YOU.